Saturday 24 June 2023

THE LOVE OF MONEY IS NOW OUR DAILY FOOD,

WHEN AN ELDERLY PERSON FALLS DOWN IN THE EARLY MORNING HOURS, HE/SHE NEEDS NOT TO BE TOLD THAT THE GROUND IS CLOSER.


 CONVERSATIONS BETWEEN A FATHER WHO IS A LAWYER AND HER DAUGHTER WHO IS A GRADUATE.

DAUGHTER: Daddy, l am totally disappointed in you and your job. I heard you are defending that millionaire kidnapper in court telling the judge that your client is innocent of the charges levelled against him. You even argued that he doesn't know how to hold a gun let alone to have used it to kidnapped by firing some shots on the air. You also argued that he was framed up because of his wealth by his jealous rivals.

And this was the same man who confessed during his arrest that he was the person who kidnapped your father sometimes ago and your family paid a ransom of twenty million naira to him before he was released. But now, you are telling the whole world that he was innocent of all the allegations.

FATHER: My daughter, as a lawyer, l am out there to make money. It doesn't really matter how and where the money comes from. I charged that man thirty million naira to defend him. He took twenty million naira as ransom from us and l am taking thirty million naira from him. It is not a bad market after all. Take note that it was not only me who paid the ransom. We all the children contributed the money and my contribution was only five hundred thousand naira.

My other brothers and sisters contributed the rest. When he is free now, he may either kidnap my selfish rich father in-law, l mean your grandfather and he may demand for a forty million naira ransom. I pray that he should be caught again. And when that happened, l shall defend him with the sum of sixty million naira. He may also kidnap my stinkingly rich greedy brothers and sisters. And the ransom will be a way for me to get from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment