Sunday 2 April 2023

WHEN PARTY FOR MONEY, FLOPS!

There was a certain lady who was celebrating her birthday. She decided to make it very big and elaborate so that she could get a lot of money from the invitees.
She cooked two bags of rice, bought two rams and hundreds of both canned mults and beer with wines.

She hired dozens of chairs, tables and canopies. She also printed thousands of invitation cards. She drop an invitation card in very compound, company, institution and market places. The only place she didn't drop an invitation card was the compound next to hers because she was not in talking terms with them.

On the day of the celebration, it started to rain as early as six o'clock in the morning. Time and time, she would crane her neck to see whether the invitees were  coming.
When it was noon and only few poor jobless people were sitting down, she knelt down and said, "please, Baba God, this is too much for me to bear.

I spent not less than six hundred thousand naira to host this party, Lord, may I get the dividends of my money. I can't stand to pay this debt because I borrowed the money. I want all the rich individuals that I invited to come so that they can shower money on me. Please, please! My God".

Now, the rain was so heavy that the top of the canopies were filled with water and they became very heavy. Just as she was still lamenting, some poorly dressed and hungry looking men and women approached her and said, " Abeg, our daughter, serve us rice make we eat boh. We dey hungry well, well ".

And she retorted at them saying, " Na God go punish una. Na food go kill una. Devil go bursts una belle. Idiot!  Make I see una yansh for any of the chair first. Na cutlass I go take butcher una yansh". As she, turned, the canopies suddenly gave way under the heavy waters and they collapsed on her covering her.

She began to cry. As she tried to carry the coolers which were filled with rice and meat, all the residents of the compound that she was keeping enmity with came and carry  many coolers of food. As they ate the food and enjoy the meat and drinks, she began to lay curse on them.

But they told her that her swear cannot kill a fly because the gods who supposed to make her swear works are even the ones who punished her with all the disappointment and so she should go and die because she was already a loser!.

No comments:

Post a Comment