Sunday 2 April 2023

CAN YOU TAKE THE RISK?

A 44 year-old bachelor applied for a wife through a radio matchmaking programme. Two days later, a lady called him that she was interested in him having heard about his request and profile.

After they have exchanged greetings, the following dialogue ensued between them:

BACHELOR: Now, how old are you; and have you married before?

LADY: Yes, but we are now divorced and I am 40 years old.

BACHELOR: From your melodious voice alone, l have already fallen in love with you. Nothing on earth would stop me from marrying you. You are indeed the woman of my dream and my missing rib.

LADY:  Thanks a lot my dear, l am flatted! I love you too and I promised to be yours for ever!

BACHELOR:  Have you any kid from the failed marriage?

LADY: Yes, Infact, four grown up sons.

BACHELOR:  Good, how old are they?

LADY: Eighteen, twenty, twenty two and twenty four respectively.

BACHELOR:  Well, I can't take that risk. The journey would become a great risk for me.

LADY:  But why?!

BACHELOR:  At times, there may be a situation that you will be stubborn to me and I may just try to correct you  with a slap  and I would thereafter receive two slaps each from these your soldiers. I can't take such risk, dear; I am off!

No comments:

Post a Comment