Sunday 2 April 2023

OFFENDING THE WRONG PERSONS AT THE WRONG PERIOD!

The court resumed normal activities on the sixth day of the new year after the Christmas and new year holidays. The first case before the presiding judge was that of a tailor who was brought into the court from the police custody. The man was blinded on one of his eyes and had heavily bandaged head.

After the case was fully brought before the judge, the following conversation was recorded between the suspect and the presiding judge.

JUDGE:  What is your job?

SUSPECT: Tailoring. I sew men's clothes.

JUDGE: What offence have you committed that brought you here on this beginning of the new year?

SUSPECT:  A lot of customers brought clothes to me to sew for them during the Yuletide period. Amongst whom were two soldier men and a boxer. But l was unable to meet up the time table for the soldier men and the boxer to collect their clothes.

JUDGE:  Were you blinded on one of your eyes and with a broken skull before the jobs were given to you?

SUSPECT:   My Lord, no! But you don't expect anybody who offended a soldier man and a heavy weight boxer to remain the same.

JUDGE:  So you mean they did this to you?

SUSPECT:  I didn't say so, my Lord. What l said was that you don't expect anybody who offended a soldier man and a heavy weight boxer to remain intact.
I didn't accuse them of anything. They are still very much around here in the courtroom. I still have one eye left and two hands and feet. They could come for them if my mouth further drive rough.

No comments:

Post a Comment